Uncertainty. Part 1

Went down the store to buy some ice cream. Came back to my apartment with some vainilla already melting on my right hand and sweeping sweat from my forehead with my left. Opened my door. Eyes fixed on the mess on my right hand. I listened two voices which I decided to ignore. Pass by the hall and got to the kitchen's door. Voices got louder. What's this? I opened the door and I see there are two old men talking. Their faces show we share a common question: Who are you?. We stare at each other for a while. They see I have an ice cream on my hand which, to them, means I'm not harmful... They're waiting for my answer; I'm waiting for theirs. 30 seconds went by easily. What's going on? Who are you and why are you in my kitchen? Did something break while I was out? The two guys kept looking at me. One turned his head to my ice cream and then to the window. It was snowing. 

A brain malfunction caused by a poisoned or expired vainilla ice cream was my most certain guess. It was either that or a huge list of other possible sci-fi options. I was glad they were so quiet. I needed to think. My hand was way too sticky and I could feel it well; I'm not dreaming. My watch says July 20, 2019; checked the other guy's watch... I didn't time-travel. Am I part of a multiverse story? could be... This is my apartment... I recognize its walls. I don't recognize the decorations but it most certainly is my apartment. How is it snowing? I was craving for an ice cream just minutes ago. Now I'm feeling cold. Feel like drinking hot coffee. The guys finally speak and I go crazier: "were you assigned to this room? They always told us this would be a two-beings cell. What are you here for?".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ideas to teach adjectives!

I'm feeling like leaving.